PURPOSE: To provide guidance for admissions to the various programs offered by the New England EMS Institute.
POLICY STATEMENT: The New England EMS Institute admissions criteria is based on the spirit of equality, justice and individual rights. NEEMSI will admit students whose educational needs can be met from the resources provide to it without prejudice and whose admission will not significantly distract from the needs of other students.
The New England EMS Institute will not discriminate in its admission to the school on any of the following: race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), physical or mental disability, veteran status or citizenship.
1. Prospective students must complete enrollment application either online or paper. Applications must include all required documentation and the non-refundable application fee to be accepted. If the application is incomplete, a representative from NEEMSI will contact the student.
2. Prospective students will receive confirmation of their enrollment in the program and/or confirmation of the receipt of their application with addition instructions if applicable.
3. Once the application and registration processes are complete, students will be sent an acceptance to their respective program with instructions for starting and submittal of tuition.
4. In the event of there being more applications to the program than space available, a waiting list of students will be established. Students on the waiting list will be contacted as space becomes available.
5. All applications received after the closing date may be considered and decided upon by the Program Manager and the Program Coordinator.